Posted on

Abstract Art Piece of My Name

This is one of the best pieces I have ever made on turtle art. When the assignment for writing your name on turtle art came out I was not really thinking of doing something out of the box. When I was trying to make something I messed up and it looked cool. I decided to make it into a huge abstract piece. The turtle art piece I made was made across 3 class periods and I am proud of it. One of my classmates also made an abstract name except mine was the opposite. I got an idea from what he showed to the class and decided to add an interesting contrast of color and I feel like I did well adding that. I do feel like I could have added a bit more colors and have the blend better but since it was only a couple class periods I felt like I did decent for the amount of time that was given. I also wanted to add a bit more random stuff on the top right side of the piece but the time did not permit and in the end, I thought it was fine because my piece was on purpose an unbalanced mess. It did not need to be “symmetrical”. I feel like if I had a bit more time I would have been able to add more different things but not that much because I felt like for the piece it was pretty complete.

One comment Abstract Art Piece of My Name

1. I love your writing style. It’s a great reflection on the process. And this was definitely a unique approach. I’d just remind you… if you need more time, work on it in Flex! Or outside of class! Just because you only get a few class periods to work on it, doesn’t mean you can’t devote more time to it!